Initially - far back in 1400 - the bulding was
erected as a Benedectine convent,
connected to nearby Archbishopric of Todi,
whose patron saint was San Fortunato.
Later, after being enlarged, it became
the manor-house of a country estate owned
by an old umbrian family. In 1900 it became
property of the Corneli family who recently
has effectuated a restoration of the building.
Close to the medieval garden there is a chapel
consecrated to San Fortunato.
Adjacent to the chapel the lemon-house
which also serves as shelter for numerous
other plants during the winter. The garden
includes rare and secular trees and plants.